What is personal information?
“Personal information” means information or an opinion that is capable of reasonably identifying an individual, whether that information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, photo and contact details.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information from you, including your:
- name and nickname;
- email address;
- date of birth;
- country of residence;
- post code; and
We also collect details of your gender preferences in respect of people you wish to meet via the Website and/or App.
If you connect to the Website via your Facebook account, the following personal information may also be collected:
- any information which appears in your Facebook profile; and
- email address;
- date of birth;
- country and hometown of residence;
- profile image; and
From time to time, you may be able to visit our Website and/or App and deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. However, please be aware that, if you do not provide us with certain information that we require, we may not be able to provide you with the particular services that you seek.
We may also collect non-personal information, which by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you. Non-personal information may include user IP addresses, browser types and anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Website and App.
From time to time, non-personal information may be connected to other information we collect from you.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information from you in variety of ways, including when you:
- register to use our services directly on the Website or the App;
- purchase flirt coins;
- visit our social media pages and channels, including on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube;
- participate in the chatroom via the Website or App;
- manage/change your account information;
- contact us by phone, email, post or on our Website enquiry forms;
- subscribe to our mailing list or to receive promotional materials;
- participate in surveys, competitions or other promotional activities; and
We may also collect your personal information from third parties, including in the following circumstances:
- from Facebook when you connect to our Website or App via Facebook
- when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
We may also collect your personal information from third parties when permitted or required by law. This may include (but is not limited to):
- law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- payment processors; and
- market research providers.
Why do we collect your personal information and how do we use it?
Steley may collect and use your personal information for the purposes of providing you with our services and for our internal business purposes. These purposes include (but are not limited to):
- to enable you to access and use our Website, App and services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our Website, App and services and our users’ experiences, including to conduct research and analysis and for advertising and marketing purposes;
- for processing transactions and fulfilling orders for products or services, such as flirt coins;
- for registering, setting up and managing user accounts;
- responding to your submissions, questions, comments, requests and complaints and to otherwise provide customer services, including to send you support and administrative messages, updates and information you have requested;
- marketing our products and services and providing you with company information and updates such as newsletters or offers of promotional events or opportunities (such as competitions or surveys) that you may be interested in;
- the prevention of fraud and/or identifying and investigating any suspicious use of our Website, App or services;
- assessing and processing employment applications and conducting due diligence as part of pre-employment screening;
- for our internal business and management processes, for example accounting or auditing purposes;
- for any other purpose to allow us to comply with our obligations under law and to resolve disputes; and
- for any other purposes that would reasonably be expected by you.
Should you use the chat service, which is available on the Website and App, your nickname / pseudonym and age will be accessible to other chat participants so that they can contact you via our chat service.
The non-personal information we collect may be used for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to:
- help us understand who uses our Website and App, how they are used and to improve our services, including the chat room services and entertainment features available on the Website and App; and
- perform statistical analysis of user behaviour, to evaluate and improve our services, the Website and the App.
We may provide aggregated data to third parties to be used or evaluated for advertising purposes or for inclusion in, for example, demographic surveys.
Any personal information, chat data and IP addresses may be stored for limited periods of time for monitoring and correction purposes and for the protection and security of other users of the Website and/or App.
Steley may use your personal information for the purposes of marketing our services and products and to inform you of new products, promotions or events that we believe you may be interested in. If you would like to stop receiving any of these marketing communications, you can opt out by writing to us at the contact details listed below (“Contact Details”) and informing us that you no longer wish to receive these materials. If at any time you would like to stop receiving future emails, you can click the “unsubscribe” at the bottom of each direct marketing email we send.
Who will we disclose your information to?
From time to time, Steley may disclose your personal information to third parties, both within and outside Australia, for the purposes of conducting our business. These third parties may include (but are not limited to):
- our associated companies;
- third party service providers, dealers and agents, contractors, advisors and suppliers who assist us in managing our business or operating our Website and App, for example, business support services, payment processors, webhosting service providers, cloud storage providers, mailing houses etc;
- our sponsors or any promoters of any competition that we conduct;
- our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
- regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of resolving customer complaints or investigations;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specified third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us;
Where we do disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, they are most likely to be located in Denmark (server provider). This list of countries is not exhaustive and may change from time to time.
Cookies cannot be used to gain access to the other data files on your computer or to ascertain your email address.
Most browsers are set so that that they accept cookies automatically. All of these processes run in the background, unnoticed by you, if your browser has standard settings for cookies. You can, if you wish, change these settings.
However, some websites - including ours - cannot be used correctly without cookies as these data files are needed for specific sequences such as the chat function.
Our Website uses Google Analytics, which is the web-analytical service of Google Inc. (Google). Google Analytics utilises cookies, which are data files of text that are stored on your computer and enable an analysis about the use of websites to be made. The information about your internet usage generated by the cookie is normally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
Google will use this information to evaluate how the Website is used and to compile reports about Website activities. Google will also provide us, as the Website operator, with further details of internet usage and related services. The IP address that is transmitted from your browser by Google Analytics will not be bundled together with other Google data.
For example, you can prevent cookies from being stored by setting your browser's software appropriately; however, you might not then be able to make full use of all the functions of this Website.
You can prevent data referring to your usage of the Website (including your IP address) generated by a cookie from being recorded and processed by Google and also prevents Google from using this data by downloading and installing the browser's plug-in software that is available from the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Alternatively, please click on the following link (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en) in order to set an opt-out cookie for the browser's plug-in software or within the browser on portable equipment, which will prevent Google Analytics from recording data from this Website in the future. (This opt-out cookie only functions in this browser and only for this domain. If you delete your cookies in this browser, then you must click on this link again.)
You can find more detailed information about the conditions of use and data protection at http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html?hl=en.
How do we secure and protect your personal information?
We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to maintain the integrity and store securely your personal information to protect it from interference, misuse and loss and from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure.
In order to protect your personal information we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, encrypted payment gateways, firewalls.
Third Party Links
How do we maintain the accuracy of the personal information we hold about you?
We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that we collect is up-to-date and complete.
However, in order to maintain the accuracy of the personal information, we rely on the quality of the personal information that you provide to us. To ensure that we always have your most up-to-date personal information, please contact us as soon as possible when your details change. This might include when you change your name, mailing address or use a new email address.
Accuracy and requests for access and correction of personal information
You are entitled to access and correct the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in the information corrected. However, in order to maintain the accuracy of your personal information, we rely on the quality of the personal information you provide to us.
If you would like to access, update or correct any of the personal information we hold about you, you may do so by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us using the contact page https://www.justlo.com.au/community/ and informing us that you wish to access or correct your personal information.
There are some circumstances specified by law where we may refuse your request for access to and/or the correction of your personal information. However, if one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to provide that notice.
Once we receive your request for access or correction, we will endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made. We may also charge reasonable costs for responding to your request.
If you have any concerns or a complaint about a breach of your privacy or the way we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the Contact Details below or send us an email to email@example.com and inform us of the nature of your complaint.
We will then investigate your complaint and endeavour to provide you with our response within a reasonable time. If, after receiving our response you still consider that your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you may then, for example, refer your concern to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Steley pty ltd.
60 Carrington Street
Sydney NSW 2000.
Last Updated: 07 2017